Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Cheapest 4008ZMII replacement battery?

  1. #1
    Kurt
    Guest Kurt's Avatar

    Post

    Hello!

    What is the cheapest way to replace a 4008ZMII battery? I'm looking for info on home-made replacements and also stores or private people that offer this service.

    Thanks!

    Kurt

    ------------------

  2. #2
    #Pedro
    Guest #Pedro's Avatar

    Post

    Hi Kurt,
    I don?t have a 4008 to discover how the battery works, but why don?t you simply open the battery and look what size the cells have? There must be 6 cells inside, with a middle connection between the 3rd and the 4th. Make notes, how exactly each of the 3 camera pins (contact rings) is connected to what pole of what cell.
    Then cut out the worn cells you cannot use anyway, and look for replacement cells, f.e. at www.conrad.de, of the same mechanical size and with the highest capacity (mAh) available. Prefere NiMH cells over NiCd cells, as these don?t show any memory effect and you can charge them without discharging them before.
    If you cannot find the cell size at Conrad, look for a local battery store. In Munich there are several specialized stores called "BATTERIEZENTRALE".
    Then put the new cells exactly into the container like the old ones had been and solder them together in the exact same way.

    Pedro

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Scottness
    Guest Scottness's Avatar

    Post

    Hi Kurt - One year ago I got my 4008 ZMII battery recelled by Cameras Pro - it cost me $100 US dollars - anyway I then also got an external battery pack built for the camera and I didn't realise it but to do the person who did it had to fix a new connection over where the battery socket is on the camera - thus making the recelled battery unuseable. So I still have the recelled battery and have never used it - if you're interested I'll sell it to you as is for the same price (plus postage)- I've never used it but I have no reason to doubt it - I think it is unchargesd at the moment too.

    If you're wanting an external pack the bloke who did mine (a licensed Beaulieu service agent in Melbourne) did a great job and I think it only cost $290 Australian - or 390 - can't remember - but divide it by two to get the approx US rate -- if you want I can get you his details.

    Scot M
    ve

    ------------------

  4. #4
    souper8
    Guest souper8's Avatar

    Post

    Hi Kurt,
    I have made a battery holder for my 4008ZM2 using 6 nimh AA batteries. The nimh comes in 1900mAH and maybe 2000mAH. I think that it is the most conveniant way to go. nimh lasts way longer than nicads. You can shoot all day on 1-2 sets of AAs. I'll post some pictures of it if anyone is interested.

    souper8

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Kurt
    Guest Kurt's Avatar

    Post

    Hello souper8!

    Yes, please post some pictures!

    Thanks!

    Kurt

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •